Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I read something on a website about how to make your own nail polish using just clear polish and eyeshadow.  As a thrifty crafter, I had heard of doing this before but was unsure of how it would really turn out.  SPOILER: IT WORKS & IT'S COOL!

Tools that I used:  
NYC HD Colour Trio Eye Shadow in Electric Funk
Spoiled (by Wet n' Wild) clear nail polish
Paper and tape
Plastic ziplock bag
Knife
Open up the eye shadow and choose the color you like. Place the trio inside the plastic bag and use the knife to scrape all the polish out from the outside (that way the knife stays clean and mainly, so do you!).  Once you've gotten all of it out, seal it up and use the knife to tap and gently push out any chunks.  Next, take the brush out of your clear coat and set it aside.  Roll up a little funnel out of paper - make sure the tip is wide enough so that it doesn't touch the top of the clear coat once you put it in the top of the bottle.  Then, open up the plastic bag and tap the shadow into the funnel leading into the clear polish. 

Once you've got all the powder inside, place the brush back in and seal it up tight.  Now, roll and shake it up so it's all evenly distributed.  VOILA! You know have your OWN custom-made polish!  Below are pictures of my bottles - I will post an update when I use them to show coverage and color.
One of my final creations!

Both of my new creations!
You can see swatches on the right side of the paper towel.



0 comments:

Post a Comment