Friday, February 14, 2014

I love to craft. I'm not great at any specific medium, so I always try to dabble in a lot of different things to see if one will stick.  My lovely Aunt is a real life Martha Stewart, and she always has amazing tips and tricks for me.  For my birthday, she sent me a decorative rotary kit, I presume for scrapbooking or photo books.  I thought it would be really fun to use for cards!


Above is a card I made for my mom for Valentine's Day.  It was easy and so much fun!  The kit I received comes with a rotary tool that punches little holes in a pattern.  I just went through with my sewing needle and red thread and stitched the pattern.  I finished off with little black dots with Sharpie in the open spaces.  Of course, the center is made of hearts from a reddish paint chip (I am a bit of a paint chip horder!).  This card is so easy and relatively cheap (or free) to make - you can also make a zillion variations for any occasion!

0 comments:

Post a Comment