Tuesday, May 13, 2014

I've been having so much fun with my nails lately! It's something that makes me feel creative and polished (no pun intended!).

My favorite brands of polish are Julep and Essie, and I had fun making this springtime mani below using a combination of their colors!


It's definitely difficult to keep steady hands when you are doing nail art. I'm learning more and more every time I do my nails! Hopefully, I'm getting better too.

Another thing I've been toying around with is using Sharpies for detailing. Since I don't have the most steady hands using a toothpick/striping tool, I thought I'd do some dots with a thick Sharpie to see how that worked. It was awesome! My only advice: give the dots PLENTY of time to dry before adding the top coat or they will smudge a bit. 

Here are my two latest feats:


These watermelon inspired nails were so fun! I used a Julep mint green and a Sally Hanson Wet n' Wild hot pink.


These are my current nails! I may have gone overboard with the polka dots, but this warm weather definitely has me feeling bright and fun! The highlighter yellow is from Lime Crime, while the lavender color is from Essie.

I'll keep you posted on more of my forays into fab nails!

0 comments:

Post a Comment