Friday, August 29, 2014

I believe that every broke college student has worn something from Eyes Lips Face, more casually referred to as e.l.f. Cosmetics. You can find it in Target, Five Below, Walmart, and many other low-priced stores. However, the low price doesn't mean low quality. There are products from e.l.f. that I have actually stayed brand loyal to. I have sensitive skin that reacts to products quite easily, so I have to say that this is high praise!

Some brand background: e.l.f. was created in 2004 by Joseph Shamah and Scott Vincent Borba (who aided in the creation of Hard Candy), who were inspired by wealthy women paying low prices for cosmetics. Their price points were set at $1, $3, and $5. Most importantly, e.l.f. is 100% cruelty free.



Today, e.l.f. has expanded into three lines: Studio (professional-quality), Minerals (products made with natural minerals), and Essentials (your basic standards). The brand started with only 13 products, but now offers over 300 different items to choose from, from skin care and makeup to nail products and beauty tools.

Here are four of my all-time favorite e.l.f. products. I can't seem to part with them due to their awesome quality and super reasonable pricing!


e.l.f. Essential Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick in Movie Star, $2.00I just love this - goes on like lipstick but is glossy and sheer with a hint of color. Cheap and so easy!

http://www.eyeslipsface.com/elf/lips/gloss/jumbo_lip_gloss_stick

e.l.f. Essential Liquid Eyeliner in Black, $1.00I know it seems crazy, but this is SO easy to use. I never mess up my cat eyes! I've never liked any liquid liner more than I like this one.

http://www.eyeslipsface.com/elf/eyes/eyeliner/liquid_eyeliner_

e.l.f. Studio Tinted Moisturizer in Porcelain, $3.00I rarely need a tinted moisturizer but I purchased it for the beach because I hate wearing sunscreen on my face. This did the job, covered well, and didn't cause any breakouts. Plus, it's the perfect size for trying out tinted moisturizer for the first time or for tossing in your bag. Love!

http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/face/tinted_moisturizer/tinted_moisturizer_spf_20

e.l.f. Essential Tone Correcting Concealer in Ivory, $1.00
This stuff is great - it smells nice AND works well. I don't get a lot of pimples luckily, so this dab and dot is great for me. If I broke out more, I would probably need a bigger size, but this works great for small problems!

http://www.eyeslipsface.com/elf/face/concealer/tone_correcting_concealer

Do you regularly use e.l.f.? What is your favorite product? 


Happy Friday, kittens! Enjoy the long weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment