Monday, October 13, 2014

Happy Monday! I love art - in fact, I can't remember a time when I didn't! My parents enjoyed taking me to museums as a child. One of the first artists I grew to love was Andy Warhol. Pop Art is a fairly easy way to get into art, I think. Bright colors and iconic images are quite easy to remember!

Not only was Warhol an amazing illustrator and screen-printer, he took some excellent photos. They are usually of beautiful celebrities or pop culture icons. They have such a dreamy quality to them that they instantly transport you into Warhol's high profile life. I thought that I would post some of my favorites here to give us some inspiration on a dreary Monday.

My favorites of Warhol's are his captivating and extremely personal Polaroids. How could I pick just one? Here is a collage of many of his greatest.

John Gould in Sea, 1982

People On The Street, 1980

Self Portrait in Drag, 1981


Who are some of your favorite artists? Enjoy your Monday!! <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment