Monday, April 28, 2014

So sorry for the long wait between posts! I've been busy with school and many other things due to the fact that it is spring time now!

Here's a brief update on some of the cool things that I've been reading, purchasing, and viewing!

Movies:
Jamie and I have been switching off on movies - he picks one and then I pick one.  Lately, we have gotten through Inglorious Basterds, The World's End, This Is The End, Pink Flamingos, and Midnight in Paris.  Overall, they've been pretty good. We are looking forward to tackling more in the future, as well as more documentaries!

Books: 
It's so nice to actually have some time for reading! I've just conquered Caricature and Ice Haven by the super talented Daniel Clowes, as well as The Complete Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi.  I really enjoy reading graphic novels lately, because I feel accomplished when I finish a book quickly!  I especially loved Persepolis - it's such an inspiring and informational story.



My friends are avid readers and have also lent me the Scott Pilgrim series, Right Ho, Jeeves by Wodehouse, and the Tim Kinsella novel, The Karaoke Singer's Guide to Self Defense. I will post about them in the future once I get through them!

Beauty and Nails:
I just recently bought two fabulous colors (on sale!) from Julep, my favorite brand of nail polish. These both are vibrant and fresh for spring - what do you think?




I also tried polka dotting for the first time (with toothpicks haha). I think that overall, it came out okay and it wasn't too stressful!  Do you have any easy nail art tips for me?


0 comments:

Post a Comment