Friday, September 19, 2014

It's FINALLY FRIDAY! I'm so excited for it to be the weekend. Even though life has been busy and stressful, blogging has given me something fun to do and fashion week research is surprisingly relaxing for me. So far, Milan's collections have been amazing. The 1970s vibe is strong! Let's take a look at some of my favorite collections and looks from yesterday:

Both looks are Fendi. I LOVE what Karl Lagerfeld has done with this SS '15 collection! The pastel hues and shapes are sharp and fresh. I love the quilted looks and wearable pieces as well. It's so dreamy...WOW!

Max Mara has really created some fabulous looks for SS '15. I love the long coats especially (obviously a huge trend) with these amazing minty greens and peachy pinks. Hats were big and floppy and boots were high to the knee. I love the long and lean looks!

I'm officially a Barbie Girl, thanks to Moschino! I'm OBSESSED with this collection..it's probably my favorite so far. After the fast food fall collection, I didn't think anything could be better. What girl could resist being a Moschino Girl, rocking oversized necklaces and hot pink? FIVE STARS PERFECTION.

Two huge trends - white and texture. Most collections are playing with fabric texture and 3D elements, like we see in the DSquared2 look on the left. Ports 1961 is on the right, showing lots of sheer paneling and neutral colors. I love playing with textures! It makes the clothing even more interesting.

Finally, COLOR! Thank goodness. The main shades I've been seeing are blues, greens, and purples. Emporio Armani (on the left) used blue in nearly every look of the collection. I loved the nautical stripes and extremely wearable basics that they offered. Just Cavalli (middle) showed some seriously 1970s-inspired floral prints and belled out shapes. I loved this combination of greens and purples. On the right, Prada had a folk-inspired moment of small floral prints and high knee socks. Such an interesting combination!

What do you think of yesterday's collections? So far, I'm beyond impressed with everything that the Italian designers have been showing!

Enjoy your Friday and weekend kittens <3

1 comment:

  1. Great update, I just took a look at all these shows last night! Sheer is blowing up all over the place, it's a trend that's been around for a while, but this season seems to have more traction than ever!!! I loved the print mixing at Max Mara, and the blow up bags at Moschino! I think these have all been some of the best shows yet...

    xo, Jilli

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4894969
    www.justjilli.com

    ReplyDelete