Thursday, September 25, 2014

Bonjour and happy Thursday to everyone! I'm thoroughly enjoying PFW and all of the latest shows. Let's recap yesterday and see what the best looks were and do some trend spotting:

I noticed a lot of patterns from beading yesterday! I love the shine and texture that it gives - really makes the garment special.
Left: Guy Laroche (how adorable is the matching bag?!)
Right: Dries Van Noten (totally Summer of Love)

Some garments were actually FUN! Whimsy is really important in fashion week, and sometimes designers forget that. It's supposed to be dreamy! I love the fun prints and pops of glitter.
Left: Sonia by Sonia Rykiel (those little bananas tho...)
Right: Rochas

Mainly, the biggest trend I noticed was textured neutrals. Lots of white/cream/peach but with extra texture to give them depth, like fringe, 3D elements, or patterns. I love this trend!
Left: Cédric Charlier
Middle: Vionnet
Right: Balenciaga (All hail Alexander Wang!)
What do you think about PFW so far? Any supreme hits or misses? I know that people were not too thrilled with Rochas (seatbelt-esque belts going across the chest?!).

Enjoy your Thursday kittens <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment