Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Happy Tuesday, kittens! It's starting to get chilly around here - hard to believe that it's fall and the warm weather is going away for good :( As you know, I'm a bit of a nail polish addict. There's nothing that I love more for fall than... dark nail polish. SORRY ABOUT IT, PUMPKIN!

I thought I'd post some nail/color inspiration for us on these chilly days when the leaves are falling. I don't exactly have a steady hand when it comes to nail art, so anything that I share would be something that I find easy to do.

I love this! It's fairly simple, with a steady hand or with some tape. You can incorporate any combination of fall colors into it - or as many as you'd like!

Marble techniques are fairly doable(with some time and patience). You can see my old post about marbled nails - using plastic wrap to dab a new color on to your base shade. I think it's great and adds a lot of texture!
Okay, okay - it's a little cheesy..but you have to admit it's cute for Halloween! Also stripes are a very easy nail art technique. Similar with the first picture, you can do as many stripes as you want with unlimited colors. So ~trendy~

The top shades for fall nails seem to be either dark or neutral:
Oxblood/Burgundy
Chocolate Brown
Navy Blue
Dark Purple
Gunmetal Gray
Army Green
Light Pink
Nude
Candy Apple Red (the oddball out)


Here are some great magazine lists, if you'd like to see what the real trend polishes are:







Happy hunting, kittens! <3

2 comments:

  1. Really love the first nail design, even with another colour added in I think it would create a really cool chevron type design. I am going to def give this a go. Thanks for sharing.

    www.simplysara.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first one is gorgeous.

    http://ninasstyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete