Friday, October 3, 2014

Happy Friday!! It's time to discuss the trends that we saw at fashion week, not only in Paris, but at all of the fashion weeks. From start to finish, the entire month was incredible. There were so many show-stopping pieces.

Let's take a look at my favorite looks and collection from Paris Fashion Week first! I have two overall favorites, which I think show a great diversity in the trends that we've seen:

Balmain. Overall, the collection was filmy, sexy, and sleek. It had a lot of the colors we've been seeing (neutrals, reds, pops of pastels) and LOTS of sheer fabric. PERFECTION.

Paco Rabanne. I think this has two very important trends: casual sportswear and texture. I love the 3D skirt texture mixed with the casual jersey sweater. So wearable and chic!

But of course, my favorite collection is:

Chanel! King Karl has once again given us a beautiful Chanel collection that can be worn by a woman at any age. The rich fabrics and textures, mixed with the wearable silhouettes and gorgeous watercolors...I could go on and on. A+ 

We saw a lot of amazing things in the past few weeks. There are a lot of big trends, and we can touch on them here a little bit:

-Lots of 1970s inspiration (colors and silhouettes!)
-Pastels (light pinks, oranges, and blues)
-Graphic black and white patterns
-Texture (3D, fringe, layered fabrics)
-Oxfords/low flats
-Filmy, sheer fabrics
-Street-style inspiration

What was your favorite look from this month? It's TOO hard to choose just one. I think that the playing fields were definitely evened this season - all of the cities were equally great and forward-thinking (which doesn't always happen).

Have an excellent Friday, kittens <3 I'll be getting back into the regular swing of my old posts now!


0 comments:

Post a Comment