Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Happy Wednesday everyone! Important announcement: Fashion Maeven finally has an Instagram! If you like the blog, please follow us on Instagram: @FashionMaeven - HOORAY!!! I'll be 'grammin some of the pictures from the day's post, as well as other more casual pictures. Let me know if there is anything you'd like to see specifically!

Let's get down to business - yesterday's shows were some of the big wigs. Time to peek at the trends and best looks:

It was SEVERE at Alexander McQueen yesterday (in a good way!). Very mixed collection, full of leather and tough materials combined with lace and ruffles. Hard and soft is really prominent for SS '15. I love the futuristic face wear too!

It was a very bohemian and 1970s inspired runway from Valentino! Lots of macramé and lace, as well as heavily beaded and embroidered garments. I love the pastel hues mixed with deeper shades of navy and black. Very wearable collection!

More 1970s inspired print and coloring. Lots of orange and blue - very nautical as well as retro. I love the freshness mixed with older shapes (the shirtdress) and retro fabrics (suede lace-up shorts).

Left: A.P.C
Right: Paul & Joe

Karl Lagerfeld just keeps it coming at Chanel! Set on a city street, the outfits run the gamut from more casual to suits in all different fabrics and colors. Watercolor spots, black and white graphics, multicolored tweeds - there is something for anybody here. Also, THOSE LOAFERS are fabulous and so wearable! 

What do you think about these looks/shows? I know that there's a lot of conversation about Chanel's "protest" but I won't give my personal opinion here. I'd love to hear what you think though!

Enjoy your Wednesday kittens <3


0 comments:

Post a Comment