Tuesday, August 19, 2014

It's been a weird time transitioning between being a student and being a worker. Since I'm still searching for a full-time job, I feel a little bit stuck. I'm between many things right now.

In trying to find my current place, I feel a bit lost on the hobby front too. When I was in college, I had a lot of time to work on hobbies or try fun new things. I love to knit and crochet, as well as collage, sketch, and create. However, with a lot of my time and energy going towards job hunting and my current temp job, I find myself in a hobby rut. I haven't had time to simply just make anything!

I've been thinking a lot about Etsy - many of the blogs I follow have really cool writers who also make amazing things on the side. I would love to be able to craft or create something that people would be interested in and maybe even want to buy.



Last night, I got out some scrap yarn and my trusty ol' big needles. It felt good to watch some TV and just knit a little bit. I'm hoping that once I get a job, I can start learning how to use my sewing machine. It'd be nice to make some cool things with all my fabulous fabric (see previous post). I'd also love to make some jewelry and learn how to quilt. I have a lot of things to knock off my crafting bucket list!

Do you have any recommendations for a hobby or craft to try? What do you do/make on Etsy? I'd love to know!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this post, I really enjoyed it. I find scrapbooking very fun and therapeutic. I love looking back through them a few years later and it totally makes it worth it. You can always try digital scrapbooking as well. I'd love to be blog friends, feel free to check me out at http://melissygoose.blogspot.com/ Thanks for letting me read!

    ReplyDelete