Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Happy Tuesday kittens! Since we're doing a Milan fashion week wrap up today, I thought I'd throw in some pictures of my latest nail polish purchases/swatches! I miss blogging about personal things, so today is a great day to feature it.

Let's start off by talking about trends we saw in Milan:
1970s vibes - MAJOR. Almost every collection had some throwback elements. I loved it!
Pastels
Bold prints and colors
Very romantic garments
Fringe
Sheer paneling
Floral prints
Italian heritage/inspiration

My favorite overall look from Milan's collections has got to be:

Stella Jean! I love this look because it's bold and colorful, but extremely wearable. It has most of our trends we just discussed: belled shapes, bold and pastel colors, romantic garments, and Italian inspiration. Love the look!
My favorite collection is going to have to be a TIE (I just can't decide which one I love more!)

MOSCHINO. Even though some of the clothing is a little cheesy, I can't stop myself from loving the entire vibe of the collection. I adore the graphics, the colors, and the accessories. Who would have thought Moschino could knock it out of the park with these crazy inspirations twice in a row?!

Dolce & Gabbana - seriously a show-stopping collection. Every look was cohesive, full of Italian inspiration, and so very beautiful and romantic. D&G is really hitting their stride lately!
What did you think about Milan??

Finally, I'll leave you with some new polishes that I've been sporting!

Finally got my mitts on two FlossGloss colors! Thank you so much to Aoki Boutique in Philadelphia for carrying these beauties <3

Here is Faded, in two coats. I LOVED this color. It's a fabulous dark navy/gray/black that mimics the color of faded tattoo ink. The formula went on great and didn't chip for almost a week!

Here is Moon Baby. It's a gorgeous light blue-gray. In some lighting, it looks more pale blue, and others neutral gray. I love it! I used a matte top coat from Sally Hanson and it also was very chip resistant!
Enjoy your Tuesday, kittens <3 See you tomorrow!


1 comment:

  1. I love how colourful the outfits are! Also, that pale blue nail polish is sooo pretty! x
    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete